Monday, July 28, 2008

green valley cinema


Okay, so the first time we went to this movie theater we were in line and finally get to the front. We say we want 2 tickets for a movie. Jason pulls out his debit card, and they say, sorry, we only take cash. ??? I think Jason actually scoffed and said, "Are you serious?" What movie theater only takes cash? Now you know what kind of place we're dealing with.
One time we bought candy (i know, usually you sneak it -- we must have been slacking that day) and they asked if we wanted that regular or frozen. ? Huh? Apparently they freeze some of their candy. Some people want rock hard junior mints. All right..
Anyway, today we were bored. Again. Wishing for labor.... We decided to go see Mamma Mia (which, by the way, was very good - very fun. Pierce Brosnan can't sing, but otherwise very strong performances and Jason dubbed it "joyous").
If you didn't know, the city we live in, Watsonville, is 75% hispanic. We're the minorities. But there are a couple of places to find old white people. One is the California Grill- an 80's/Golden Girls decor overpriced Italian place, the bowling alley, and the 1 pm matinee of Mamma Mia. And one of the biggest hoots not in relation to the movie, was the lady in our row who was dumping her popcorn into a large plastic bag. She decided to leave again right before the movie started and came back with another tub of popcorn. Then I realized what she had done. At this movie theater, if you get the extra large tub of popcorn and you eat it all, they will refill it for you! True genius. It almost rivals Tiffy's popcorn in the overalls from our college days. But Tiffy gets extra points for creativity, so she is still (in our eyes) the popcorn smuggling queen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although, I do appreciate the title of "Smuggling Popcorn Queen" I can truly say I have graduated, I no longer smuggle in popcorn, but I do smuggle in candy...Dark Chocolate Raisinets are my true weakness. Even though its junk food I feel like I'm doing my heart a favor I mean after all its dark chocolate. :)

Tiffy