
In the last few months people (mainly younger folks or friends that don't have kids yet) have asked me what is the hardest part of being a parent. I have been hard pressed to come up with an answer. UNTIL NOW!!!!! I know we are new to this parenting thing and I am sure there will be major trials in the future, but for now, without question-the hardest part of being a parent has been caring for Cameron while he has been sick. In a previous post we mentioned the fun at the ER. Well, things got even more enjoyable when we got home. To make a long nightmarish story short the antibiotic the Doc at the ER prescribed was too harsh for Cam's little tummy. He projectile vomited all three doses of his medicine along with the bottle we were careful to give him so the medicine would not upset his stomach. I (Jason) was the proud recipient of each vomit session. After the third session I simply stopped showering. It's also been hard to deal with the unconsolable crying, especially at 10pm. and midnight. and 3 am. Trying to get a 4 month old to tell you what's wrong is somewhat difficult. We have had the toughest week by far in his short life. I say this remembering that a few months ago we moved cross country 13 days after Cam's arrival. Our blessing has been that this happened over the holiday break so that both of us were home. We have been tag teaming. When one of us gets frustrated we do the hand off. Luckily, we don't go insane at the same time. God gives us staggered patience. Thank goodness. Hopefully he'll do a little better in the New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment