Today is the 6 year anniversary of your passing. Sometimes that day feels so long ago and other days it feels like only yesterday.
Our faith promises me that we will see each other again, but there are days that I would give anything to see you hold your grandson in your arms.
For now, I can teach Cameron about the kind of man you were and try and model those qualities that were so much a part of your life. Your patience. Your work ethic. Your humor.
Cameron bears your name.
I see you in Cameron's clear blue eyes
in his light brown hair
in his love of the water
In his belly laugh
and the list grows each day
Today Cameron and I bought a fishing pole. I plan to take Cameron fishing because I know that is one of the things you would do if you were here.
I think the best way I can honor you is to try and be the best father I can to my little boy.
Dad, I miss you so much. You would be so proud of Cameron. He is growing into an awesome little boy. I look forward to the day when faith will be sight.
Love Your Son,
Jason
4 comments:
That was a lovely post. I know he is very proud of all of you.
Great post! God Bless your family :)
Tiffy
Jason: What a lovely tribute to your Dad. He would be so proud of you and just love Cameron oh so much. We all miss him so much and pray that he and our other loved ones have all reunited in heaven.
God's blessings to each of you. Love, Aunt Etta
That was great and i was proud of you, we all miss him so much!
Yes he would be so happy for you & your family.
Great guy your dad was and you are so like him.
Love you Grams
5-19-09
Post a Comment